Word on the street is that you’re interested in audition for the New Faces Children’s Play.
Great! Reading this will give the answers to all of your questions about the auditions.
- What is New Faces? New Faces is new to Warren. Actors for the Children's Play will be limited to Freshmen and Sophomores (as well as Jrs-Srs. who have not been in a Warren Theatre Production.
- Can Juniors and Seniors be involved at all? Of course. This show will be fully run by a student crew, and Juniors / Seniors are encouraged to apply for a Crew Leadership Position.
- How do I sign up to audition? Fill out THIS AUDITION INFO SHEET. It should take but a few moments. Additionally, make sure your parents have signed you up through THIS WEBSITE.
- What if I just want to do crew? That's great! Whether you want to be a crew leader or crew member, sign up through THIS WEBSITE and fill out Crew Leadership Position.
- When are the auditions? Stories are Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 3:30pm
Callbacks (if necessary) will be Friday, October 27, 2017 both in the O'Plaine Auditorium
- ****What do I have to do to audition? Find a children’s story you like and read/perform a portion of it. It should be less than a minute. It does not need to be a monologue.
- What should I do to prepare? Rehearse your story. It does NOT need to be memorized, but you should work to make distinctive choices in how you perform – do something bold and unique. I’m looking for actors who will be able to create an interesting character on stage, and be able to work well together.
- What is the time commitment? Rehearsals will begin Oct 30th and be at Almond and run through December 2 (our show date. You must plan on being in attendance each day at Almond until 6 pm (times may vary). We will strike the show after our performances on December 2, so be sure to build that into your schedule.
- If I'm on Speech Team, can I participate? Unfortunately, no. The time commitment for Speech and the overlap with this short rehearsal period is too much of a conflict.
- What show are you doing? To be honest, I’m not sure yet. I just found out I was directing the show a few weeks ago, and with heading into tech for Twelfth Night, I haven’t had a chance to pick. I will be reading plays and will make an announcement prior to auditions. Regardless, it will be a fun, festive, story of delight and warmth.
- I have a question that isn't answered here? That's great. Shoot me an email at email@example.com